Dependent on the state government announcement on recreational activities next Monday the 11th of May, it is hoped that golf, albeit as we know it, will return to Royal Yea for members only on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Due to socialising distancing now inherent due to the Corona Virus, golf will have to be conducted differently both for casual and competitive situations for the time being.
Golf – Member’s Days – Only Members on Wednesday and Saturday.
- must prebook a time for a pair or individuals,(Will be matched up). Looking to see if we can use the website somehow for this. Otherwise we’ll have to do it by text or What’s App..
- Played in pairs, no flagsticks, using 2 tees (1st and 10th), with 15 minute intervals between groups.
- Times: 7:30, 7:45, 8:00, 8:15, 8:30, 8:45, 9:00 for 28 players in the morning. 11:15, 11:30,11:45, 12:00, 12:15, 12:30, 12:45,for 28 players in the afternoon. Next day bookings will be posted on website by 8pm the day before. 4 people per slot (2 tees 1st 10th). If we have large numbers we could go to 10 minute intervals allowing us 40 in the morning and 40 in the afternoon session.
- Men/Women can play together, but only one person to a cart.
- Players need to check their own handicap. Our golflink numbers are 3081600xxx. You will need to sign into golf.org.au. Some of us can run off daily handicaps and place in clear folders in green box but if you play early?
- Keep your own card/score. Take a photo of your result and send to Alan email@example.com for Men . Vicky or Dors – Ladies. If you want your score in the eclectic then photo your complete card.
- Golf fees will be booked to a player, payable at the end of the month, preferably by money transfer.
- Results posted on website
The Clubhouse will be closed and try not to gather in large groups both before and after playing. The golf program will have to be altered slightly. For the Men it will be Stableford on Wednesday 13th and also on Saturday – 1st Rd of the N.J. Murray Trophy. The Ladies also will be playing Stableford on both days. Some of the bigger events missed during April will be hopefully rescheduled later in the year.